Physical Therapy in Cincinnati
At Matrix Dry Needle Physical Therapy LLC, we have one goal: to help people improve their quality of life.
As physical therapists, we want people to feel comfortable in their bodies. We want to help people gain or regain mobility and flexibility. We want to promote feelings of social, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
How do we do it? Through a detailed assessment of each patient’s individual needs and requirements, we create an individualized program of physical therapy. We use a range of tools and techniques from massage, to weights, to exercise machines, electrotherapy, and more. These are always paired with self-care exercises that can be done at home.
Take control of your mind and body. Contact Matrix Dry Needle Physical Therapy LLC today.
What is Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy is a treatment and rehabilitation program for people who have mobility issues, chronic pain, recent or past injuries, illness, and other factors that reduce the range of motion. In the past, doctors would overprescribe drugs and surgery to treat these conditions. The idea behind physical therapy is to work with the muscles, tendons, bones, organs, and circulation of blood in the body, to help the body heal itself. It is not only a safer solution to treatment and physical rehabilitation, it also sets the stage for each patient to gain an increased sense of control and autonomy.
In many cases patients no longer need surgery after a period of physical therapy. For example, if someone comes in with a meniscus tear in the cartilage of their knee, a doctor may recommend surgery. But with several months of low-impact physical therapy, we can build the muscle tissue up to a point where it can compensate for the injury and actually leave no trace of it.
The takeaway? Everyone’s body has incredible self-healing capabilities. It’s just that most people don’t know the proper techniques for actualizing them. At Matrix Dry Needle Physical Therapy LLC we work with you and teach you ways to become more independent and gain a greater sense of wellbeing.
Five Reasons to Get Physical Therapy in Cincinnati
- Pain relief. Most people who come to our clinic are suffering from some kind of pain. Through a variety of techniques, we will train your body to compensate for the strain it’s putting on the painful areas. The process can restore flexibility to muscles and mobility to joints.
- Mobility and flexibility. A physical therapy session is often composed of a series of sections. There will be long slow stretches, a bit of weight training, possibly a ride on a stationary bike or treadmill, electrical stimulation and more. Each of these has the effect of working on the muscles in a different way. After several sessions, many patients already notice increased mobility.
- Avoid surgery. Physical therapy is prescribed more and more often these days because it has been shown to reduce the need for invasive surgical procedures. No one likes going under the knife. Physical therapy is a cost-effective way to avoid surgery.
- Improve balance. Falling can be very dangerous for elderly people and those will illnesses. Physical therapy can improve balance and restore a sense of confidence in individuals.
- Recover and prevent sports injuries. Many sports injuries are not caused by impact but by strain. Physical therapy works to prevent injuries such as stress fractures, shin splints, and more, by carefully building muscles in the right places.